Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Oct 14 21:28:01 PDT 2003

<quote who="Karsten M. Self">

> least rudimentary documentation in a project described by Martin Pool as
> a "first release" but which the GNOME website advertises as version 2.4.

He was referring to the relative newness of GConf, not GNOME.

> The problems I see are not those of a brand-new, version one project, but
> of a crusade lost in the desert, but envisioning itself to be in some sort
> of oasis.

Why? We're doing quite well, despite your storm-in-a-teacup problems with
the project. Since when did lack of documentation of a Free Software project
indicate navigation problems?

I can understand the problems Karsten, but you're making a huge deal out of
very little. Please reply to the new thread with your additional points.

- Jeff

     "Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Dark
                             Helmet, Spaceballs