Lance Simmons lance@lsimmons.net
Tue Oct 14 20:22:42 PDT 2003

* Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> [031014 20:56]:

> Some posters seem to be equating documentation bugs with a fundamental
> misbelief in *nix 'standards'.

Would one be incorrect to infer from this remark that you believe not in
unix standards,  but rather merely in unix 'standards'?  That fits the
evidence available to readers of this list, but it would be nice to hear
otherwise from you.

> > [...] the argument on this list has gone almost entirely against
> > you, and [...] your repeated non-responses have in no way helped
> > your case.
>
> *blink*

"*blink*" strikes me as simply one more in a long series of
non-responses. What do you make of "*blink*" as a contribution to a
civilized discussion ?

> > Please respond in detail to the many good people on this list who
> > have noticed that you have disconnected yourself from the UNIX
> > heritage.
>
> We have documentation bugs, and welcome contributions.

That's it?  Seriously, _that's it_?

--
Lance Simmons

Win 95 is simplified for the user:
User: What does this configuration thing do?
You: It allows you to modify you settings, for networking,
        hardware, protocols, ...
User: Whoa! Layman's terms, please!
You:  It changes stuff.
User: That's what I'm looking for!  What can it change?
You:  This part change IP forwarding.  It allows ...
User: Simplify, simplify!  What can it do for ME?
You:  Nothing, until you understand it.
User: Well it makes me uncomfortable.  It looks so technical;
      Get rid of it, I want a system *I* can understand.
You:  But...
User: Hey, whose system is this anyway?
You:  (... rm this, rm that, rm /etc/* ...) "All done."
	-- Kevin M. Bealer <kmb203@psu.edu>