Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 14 13:27:14 PDT 2003

Quoting Jesse Hutton (jhutton@eden.rutgers.edu):
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Rick Moen wrote:

> > What is it with you clowns?  I'm sorry, but the maligning of my
> > motives is ridiculous and mildly offensive in a "well, my low
> > opinion has just been justified" sort of fashion.
>
> I'm not trying to imply any such low opinion.

No, just justifying it.  You are wasting my time.

> I am trying to understand what all the hoopla is about and all this
> sidestepping and giving of canned responses isn't helping.

Perhaps you are confusing this mailing list with paid instructors.  You
are wasting my time.

> >  as opposed to disliking the information void facing people looking
> >  for explanations and documentation in the usual places, and (2) is
> >  concerned with GNOME.  (I have now clarified several times, to
> >  people who have demonstrated clue-resistance, that my interest is
> >  limited to Galeon, gnumeric, and AbiWord.)
>
> and their adopted system of configuration? Ie, GConf?

You appear to have no point.  You are wasting my time.

> I'm afraid you'll have to tell me when I get better, since you seem to
> be one of the experts at recognizing this maladie.

You are wasting my time.

> Uhhhh...<drool drips down on keyboard>

You are wasting my time.

> Look, I completely agree that GConf should be documented, *especially*
> since it breaks longtime unix conventions.

Then, go away and stop wasting my time.

> (If you're into wasting more time and bandwidth, you could try to
> explain and justify your claim of non-sequiturness if it's anything
> more than "I wasn't saying GConf is bad, just that it sucks that it's
> undocumented and unusable for me."

Not without your paying me professional consulting rates with a large
"dealing with annoying little gits" surcharge.  You are wasting my time.

> Reading comprehension deficiencies aside, I have a degree in
> Linguistics and I'm quite accustomed to thinking about language.

Somewhere, the ghost of Korzybski weeps.

And, by the way, you are wasting my time.

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.