Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox.com
Mon Oct 13 22:55:25 PDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:30:39PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> I presented a brief excursion by me, a longtime Unix user, trying
> honestly (but unsuccessfully) to test his claim by trying to find and
> edit Galeon configuration in the way he claimed would come easily and
> naturally.  I ended up failing to even manage this with the system-wide
> app configuration, let alone the related per-user configuration.  (Can
> the latter even _exist_ for Galeon?  If so, where would the
> configuration be stored, and where would I have found that out by
> myself?)

Yes, it's in ~/.gconf/ as mentioned upthread.  (~/.gconf/apps/galeon/,
in fact.)  It looks like only keys you have changed from their
defaults are stored there, and in a rather... quirky... format.

Which isn't a particular argument either way, and entirely irrelevant
to the meta-argument all this seems to have become.  But, hey, facts
never go out of style, right?

-- Nathaniel

--
"But in Middle-earth, the distinct accusative case disappeared from
the speech of the Noldor (such things happen when you are busy