Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Oct 13 22:44:23 PDT 2003

Quoting Jesse Hutton (jhutton@eden.rutgers.edu):

> And it may be evasive and besides the point.

What is it with you clowns?  I'm sorry, but the maligning of my motives
is ridiculous and mildly offensive in a "well, my low opinion has just
been justified" sort of fashion.

> The point is that Abiword programmers *chose* to use the gconf system.
> You would like to blame Gnome, as if they were the evil, totalitarian
> rulers who have forced them to use this system. But, you don't blame
> the Abiword people at all? Come on!

Excuse me, but you seem to have confused me with someone who (1)
specifically dislikes GConf, as opposed to disliking the information
void facing people looking for explanations and documentation in the
usual places, and (2) is concerned with GNOME.  (I have now clarified
several times, to people who have demonstrated clue-resistance, that my
interest is limited to Galeon, gnumeric, and AbiWord.)

So, you seem to have fallen to the non-sequitur disease affecting
several other posters of seemingly similar views.  Please let us know
when you get better.

> I hereby propose that the word "non-sequitur" be banned from this list.

I'm hereby proposing that you take measures to improve your reading
comprehension.

> You're not complaining that GConf sucks?

I'm hereby proposing that you take measures to _greatly_ improve your
reading comprehension.

--
Cheers,                     "Get the facts first.  You can distort them later."
Rick Moen                                                     -- Mark Twain