[linux-elitists] (forw) PUBSW: Red Hat 9 *not* supported

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Oct 13 18:22:47 PDT 2003

Quoting Ben Woodard (ben@zork.net):

> What is PUBSW?

pubsw is a large collection of freely-distributable and site-licensed
*ix software maintained by Stanford University admins on an AFS volume
for the campus WAN, QAed for (aside from Linux) several Solaris
releases, as well as several releases of HP-UX, Tru64, Digital UNIX,
IRIX, and AIX.  For i386 Linuxes, there are packages compatible with all
glibc2.1-based distributions, as well as (I gather) every glibc 2.2-based
distribution other than RH9.

Here's a complete list of the 500+ packages the team maintains.  It's an
impressive effort.

http://www.stanford.edu/services/pubsw/package/

--
Cheers,                                The other day, upon the stair,
Rick Moen                              I met a man who wasn't there.