Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 9 17:39:43 PDT 2003

on Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 10:16:56AM -0400, Justin F. Knotzke (jknotzke@shampoo.ca) wrote:
> <quote who=Karsten M. Self date=[031009 06:47]/>
>
> > > One of several smart things Havoc said is
> > >
> > >   If you don't know how to code, then you don't know how to design the
> > >   software either. Period. You can only cause trouble.
> > >                 -- Havoc Pennington, http://ometer.com/hacking.html
> >
> > Bogus.  Adequately discussed elsewhere.
>
> I'm not entirely sure it's that Bogus.

    See:
    http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2003-October/007663.html

    Starting "I've worked on both sides of this divide".

The discriminator isn't ability or inability to code.  It's ability or
inability to contribute.

>     Design is by its nature, abstract. For the most part design is very
> difficult to test without actually implementing it.

    tried it.
    - Donald Knuth

Peace.

    "Yes," said Marvin. "Why stop now just when I'm hating it?"
    -- HHGTG