Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 9 16:01:58 PDT 2003

Quoting Jeff Waugh (jdub@perkypants.org):

> I'm not sure why you'd expect gconftool-2 to be documented as if it were an
> end-user oriented tool. It's not. It's for scripting, system adminstrators,
> and users with 'special needs'.

How 'bout because things in /usr/bin should have manpages?

I think you have a serious disconnect from Unix, Jeff.  I was going to
say "Unix conventions", but suspect it's a much broader problem.  And
willful, rather than reflecting ignorance.

You probably don't see it as a problem, which is your prerogative, but
it means you're wasting your time and ours with all this transparent
question-begging.

--
Cheers,    "Not only does the English language borrow from other languages,
Rick Moen  it sometimes chases them through dark alleys, hits them over the