Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu Oct 9 06:53:02 PDT 2003

<quote who="Martin Pool">

> > [gconftool has little documentation]
>
> We agreed on this a long time ago.  Nobody ever said otherwise.  Does
> repeating it at increasing volume achieve any useful purpose?
>
> Are you going to cause this kind of fuss about every free project with
> scanty documentation?  Wouldn't it be better just to write the damn
> documentation yourself?

Meanwhile, taking advantage of the common --help idiom provides lots of
information, and Ross Burton has just created a man page from this, which
will most likely turn up in the GConf release accompanying GNOME 2.4.1 (due
next weekish).

Of course, it would have been far easier to simply report this bug through
the normal channels, without all of the pain and aggravation of this thread.

- Jeff

                "What inspired you to become a bus driver?"
                             "Linus Torvalds."