Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu Oct 9 07:12:16 PDT 2003

<quote who="Jeremy Hankins">

> In fact, the main reason I started in was because Jeff seemed to be
> applying his (IMHO misguided) theories on design as if they were
> universals rather than narrowly applicable to the gnome development
> process.

Hold on, they're not 'my theories'. ;-) What I've been referring to is
GNOME's approach to usability, of which our target audience is a major
defining factor. We're not focusing on 100% satisfaction for the 1% (or
less) of users who are highly technically proficient and/or interested.

I do believe our approach to usability has some universal merit, given the
context of our target audience (ie. not the vocal minority of technical
users who have the majority voice in the greater Free Software community).

I refer to Havoc's essays a lot, because they describe our approach very
accurately - what do you feel is misguided about these?

- Jeff

             make: *** No rule to make target `whoopee'.  Stop.