[linux-elitists] DNA triage

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Thu Oct 9 07:10:40 PDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 12:00:46AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:

> By the rest of the post, perhaps you mean "supply secondary DNS
> service".  As it happens, I'm currently organising a group of

Precisely.

> domain-owning hackers to perform reciprocal secondary-DNS for each
> other, precisely to avoid any of us paying some hosting company for the
> privilege.

granitecanyon.com is free as well, it's just I'm having trouble with
password resetting (they're not very responsive) for the form-based
DNS record submission. Also, I was trying to leech some free tech support ;p

> Working well so far -- all that's needed is for the nameservers to have
> DNS "glue" records in someone else's domain; my DNS registrar was happy
> to do this for me free of charge.  From that point, we can all refer to
> each other by hostname, and host our domains happily.

Sounds very good. Can you give a specific example of how a glue
record looks like?

ICBM: 48.07078, 11.61144 http://www.leitl.org