Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Thu Oct 9 06:21:48 PDT 2003

On 09-Oct-2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Any idea _why_ we've got hex encoding rather than ASCII values [in the
> XML file]?

At a guess, presumably it's to get around character-set limits of the
XML format chosen.  If so, it's not a very good reason, since XML should
usually be UTF-8, allowing any currently-used character to be stored
directly in the file.

Which may mean that a bad decision was made, or may mean that my guess
is wrong.

--
 \     "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let |
  `\           that fool you. He really is an idiot."  -- Groucho Marx |