Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 9 05:45:22 PDT 2003

on Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 08:29:47PM +1000, Jeff Waugh (jdub@perkypants.org) wrote:
> > This is my specific impression dealing with Jeff.  Martin's been rather
> > more forthcoming, and I appreciate this.
>
> Dude, you kicked it all off by flaming.

Bullshit.

If you want to find personal insults, look for the string 'Boofhead' in
this thread.

I've cursed.  I've sworn at bugs and (perceived) design defects.  I've
given frank assessments of feature characteristics.  I've cussed in
context of specific repeated misstatements of my own views.  And I've
called your own persistent non-answers (with some exceptions) as I've
seen 'em.  This includes pointing out instances of intellectual
dishonesty or incompetence.  Supposing they can be distinguished.

What I _haven't_ done is call people names (that's your style), or
turn technical disagreements into emotional affairs (ditto).  Look
through my posts for statements of disagreement.  "I disagree", "I take
exception", "I take extreme exception", "Bullshit".   The first three
are applied to reasoned statement I disagree with.  The last goes for
unsupported, illogical, non sequitur, or otherwise bogus assertions.  I
give credit where it's due.  I withhold it where it's not.

If you can point to any specific instances where I fall outside these
lines, please point them out to me.  This is very much part of my own
code of conduct online.  It includes calling things as I see them,
pointing out frauds, and occasionally showing temper.  Unwarranted
personal attacks aren't a desired stock in trade.

> I responded in kind, but far less demonising than your continued
> personal attacks. Martin, who has less emotional attachment to the
> issue, responded more calmly. I'm still amazed that this shocks you
> so.

Martin appears to bring considerably more maturity and an ability to see
beyond his own emotional investment in discussions.

Useful skills.

Peace.

   zIWETHEY: Provocative, super smart, and oh yeah, just a little sexy.
     http://z.iwethey.org/forums/