Martin Pool mbp@sourcefrog.net
Thu Oct 9 05:42:39 PDT 2003

On  9 Oct 2003, "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Let's posit that there are reasonable scoping rules to
> configuration settings:  e.g.:  settings which change _an_ applications
> behavior, and more global settings which affect a superset of apps.

The default or system font is a global setting.  Therefore, you set it
globally, not from any particular application.

> [gconftool has little documentation]

We agreed on this a long time ago.  Nobody ever said otherwise.  Does
repeating it at increasing volume achieve any useful purpose?

Are you going to cause this kind of fuss about every free project with
scanty documentation?  Wouldn't it be better just to write the damn
documentation yourself?

--
Martin