Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu Oct 9 05:36:12 PDT 2003

<quote who="Karsten M. Self">

> When I see shit, though, I call it.
>
> I see shit.

Do you mean, "I see shit all"? :-)

I've linked the GConf webpage and the GNOME System Administrator's Guide in
previous emails. These are far more sensible places to look for information
than the API documentation.

I'm not sure why you'd expect gconftool-2 to be documented as if it were an
end-user oriented tool. It's not. It's for scripting, system adminstrators,
and users with 'special needs'. I guess you'll scoff at this idea, and see
it as further proof that GNOME is doomed, but I'm not sure how to get the
"it doesn't matter to real users" point across to you.

- Jeff

         "Spend your 'different points' wisely." - Havoc Pennington