Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Wed Oct 8 13:36:49 PDT 2003

>> You've just copied and pasted crap from this thread. I'm asking for real
>> examples, not he-said-she-said. Let's talk about THE SOFTWARE.
>
> You asked for how my understanding came to be.  Since I don't use
> gnome, that's all I can offer.

So the entire basis for your involvement in this thread has been abstract.
Great...

> So, because you don't think his concerns are "productive and reasonable"
> you feel the need to flame him?  Realize, of course, that productive
> and reasonable can differ between different persons.

straight up, unprovoked. I don't believe I've flamed him, but my response
certainly hasn't been glowingly kind. One wonders why it would be
expected.

> Jeff, I'm just telling you what I as an outsider have observed.  If
> you disagree with my statements you can either try to persuade me
> that I'm mistaken or ignore me.  Either way, I'm not really going
> to care.  But that's how this discussion has appeared to me.

The only issues you've raised have been abstract. Karsten has raised
practical issues (but hasn't been receptive to calm discussion about
them). So, yes, I think your point of view on the abstract issues you've
raised is wrong and underinformed (but that's okay, you don't seem
particularly interested anyway), and you have said that you can't provide
any insight into any practical issues.

So, I'd prefer to be discussing the practical points with Karsten, really.

- Jeff

--
  So, "Jeffrey" seems to mean "the ineffectual, victimised guy in
  American movies" in four different languages.