Greg KH greg@kroah.com
Wed Oct 8 12:10:40 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 02:51:12PM -0400, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> >"Oh, but it's easy!" Sorry, doesn't hold up in the real world,
> >particularly the very noisy low-barrier-to-I-know-better-than-you-entry
> >Free Software world.
>
> Did I say things were easy?  No, I specifically said coding and
> design are *not* the same thing.  This was in response to your
> assertion that Karsten was "just like every other random
> gimp who thinks they know the score." I notice you casually sidestepped
> this issue, deciding instead to insinuate that you yourself know
> better than anyone else.  Would you care to answer my actual point
> instead of going off on a tangent?

His point is (if I may be so bold as to guess it), is that in the open
source community, people who state, "This is how it should be done",
without backing it up with code, are all but ignored.  Now if this is a
good thing or not, that's not the point, but it is reality for almost
all projects.

Remember, people who are writing code for free, will more often than
not, hate people telling them what they should be doing.

In otherwords, "put up or shut up" :)

thanks,

greg k-h