Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Oct 7 23:54:47 PDT 2003

<quote who="Nick Moffitt">

> begin  Jeff But don't get all fretty-pants on us. Weff  quotation:
> > <quote who="Karsten M. Self">
> > > I don't have the means myself to write something different.  I'm not a
> > > coder.
> >
> > ... which makes you sufficiently qualified to say "you're doing it all
> > wrong, and I know just how you should do it", just like every other
> > random gimp who thinks they know the score.
>
> And of course all your *other* users are qualified to change your
> development path, but not Karsten because he's not a coder.

Most users report bugs. Karsten is saying the design is wrong, and that he
knows exactly how it should be, and exactly how simple it is. He's welcome
to do it.

Oh, he can't?

Hmm.

Maybe he's just noise in the system. When you work on software as widely
deployed as GNOME, you have to filter noise very aggressively. Non-coders
who think they know better than experienced coders are, more often than not,
noise.

- Jeff

                        We're passe with class, eh?