Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Oct 7 20:33:39 PDT 2003

<quote who="Karsten M. Self">

> Jeff, you've clearly got nothing to say.  Please start saying it.

I'm going to do a more formal reply to some of the issues you raised in your
lengthy email (regarding things like Bonobo and OpenOffice.org). I'm
somewhat disappointed that you're more interested in name-calling and ad
hominem attacks than actually getting down to business and asking the hard
questions.

Sorry, but you've come off as an angry young man who doesn't feel the need
to listen (particularly to Martin, who has replied with much more patience
and thoroughness than I).

A lot of the things you've raised are widespread general concerns and
misunderstandings about the GNOME Project which should be answered in one
place (so you don't have to make an effort to find all of it out on your
own). I'm happy to do that, in a balanced, respectful and tolerant manner -
I will write a whole article about it. Perhaps Don Marti would like to
publish it in Linux Magazine, I don't know (buzz: controversy! desktop! two
tribes go to war! usability is the new fascism! etc).

I wish you'd calm down and open up for a sensible conversation about this,
though. Explaining stuff like this through venom is much harder.

- Jeff

                W.O.R.K: Weekend Over, Resume the Killings.