Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Oct 7 17:36:59 PDT 2003

<quote who="Karsten M. Self">

> I don't have the means myself to write something different.  I'm not a
> coder.

... which makes you sufficiently qualified to say "you're doing it all
wrong, and I know just how you should do it", just like every other random
gimp who thinks they know the score.

> Most of the settings that I'm concerned with are either directly external
> -- fonts, colors, window manager bindings and the like -- or settings
> which control functionality in ways that aren't immediately determinable
> -- say, an http_proxy environment variable (yes, it's possible to
> configure transparent proxies, but that's more work at present).

They're totally preferential, and it's not as if GNOME has removed every
*preferential* option it ever had. We've just killed the stupid shit (four
clocks, fully configurable panel icon tiles, etc).

- Jeff

                          No pants is good pants.