Configuration vs. Engineering (was Re: [linux-elitists] Re: Yet another mozilla atrocity)

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Oct 7 00:07:16 PDT 2003

<quote who="Karsten M. Self">

> Jeff is intent on steering with rudder hard port, and gets confused when
> we point out he's navigating in ideological circles....

Okay, so, first off, you haven't pointed out any idelogical donutting, and
it sounds like you still haven't read Havoc's essay. Which is all about
balance, not ideology or blind slavery to principles. You just don't agree
with our sense of balance. And yet... You're the one getting shirty about
it.

I think you'd be best off reading Havoc's essays and the last week or so of
mail on gconf-list. You might want to keep the ad hominems and barbs for
crackmonkey, too.

- Jeff

    "Not to mention that there's simply no way to explain what a 'window
   manager' is without descending into 'PC Load Letter?!' technobabble."
                             - Havoc Pennington