Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 6 23:09:11 PDT 2003

on Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:18:17AM +1000, Jeff Waugh (jdub@perkypants.org) wrote:
> <quote who="Karsten M. Self">
>
> > it's about minimizing complexity, maximizing flexibility
>
> That's Hard, but I don't think you realise quite how hard.

I didn't say that was a requirement.  It's a design goal.

You want _both_ flexibility _and_ simplicity.

I've already named two apps which specifically do this well:
WindowMaker and w3m.  And pitted w3m specifically against lynx, which is
configurable, but to a fault (its config file _is_ a mess).

Not that I expect you to get this.

Peace.

  Kid, this ain't your night; we're going for the price on Wilson.
  - M. Brando