[linux-elitists] List archives

D. Joe Anderson deejoe@raccoon.com
Mon Oct 6 22:11:37 PDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 03:20:02AM +0100, Tom Hargreaves wrote:
> Is there a simple procedure for obtaining the URL of the archived copy
> of a specific list message?

Not so far as I know.  I do something similar when I want to
forward a link instead of forwarding the message itself.

> There's no obvious correspondence between
> URL and message (e.g. generating URLs by Message-ID munging,

That's how I'd try to do it, if I were so bold.

> or including the URL in the message itself).

That would require building time-travel capabilities into
arch/mmarch.

> Am I missing something obvious, or is pipermail clearly broken in this
> respect?

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it broken, but it
certainly lacks the feature of allowing one to analytically
determine the URL for a given email message.

--Joe