Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Oct 6 20:54:06 PDT 2003

<quote who="Martin Pool">

> It's an interesting comparison, although I'm starting to think Godwin's
> law ought to apply to comparisons to Microsoft.
>
> Of course Microsoft are intentionally trying to lock people in, and using
> monopoly power to do so.  I don't think either of those apply to GNOME.

One interesting aside when it comes to the "GNOME is just like Microsoft"
claims is that we are *far* tougher on inane options that MS has ever been.
Consider Epiphany and Internet Explorer (particularly the Advanced pane in
the IE prefs dialogue), and then look at their WinNT/Win2K Policies system.

If you want software with lots of crazy user-painful options and plenty of
switches and dials, choose Microsoft products. :-)

- Jeff

     "I tried to make money ass signing, but the bottom fell out of the
                            market." - Liam Quin