Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Oct 6 03:02:47 PDT 2003

<quote who="Karsten M. Self">

> > > Well designed software will allow you to change the defaults easily
> > > and consistently.
> >
> > Well designed software should 'just work'.
>
> Ah, so you agree:  well designed software should allow you to change the
> defaults easily and consistently.
>
> Thanks, Jeff, we thought that's what you meant.

Dribbling sarcasm aside, no, you shouldn't have to muck around with fifty
seven thousand anal retentive configuration options to hit the ground
running just because some obsessive compulsive software developer wasn't
capable of measuring the costs against the use cases.

You are part of a very small percentage of users who actually care enough
about this stuff to wield drippingly sarcastic prose on a mailing list with
a largely similarly-minded audience. Obviously, it's an awesome challenge
you've set for yourself, and I wish you luck with it!

- Jeff

            ...                           *bounce*bounce*bounce*