[linux-elitists] www.securitysage.com broken CR system?

Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Sat Oct 4 11:00:51 PDT 2003

Hi, all.

Writing to find out whether I'm at risk of getting silently
dropped from the list.

SSC's backup mx, ns2.ssc.com, has installed email body checks from

  http://www.securitysage.com/guides/postfix_uce_body.html

and configured the mailer there to respond:

550 Error: SecuritySage SPAM-ID: b20030701-296001 Your email had
spam-like body contents. To report this mess age as non-spam,
please follow the instructions available at
http://www.securitysage.com/spam.html

My question for the list is whether this comes under the heading
of "broken challenge-response systems" as discussed at

The system challenges only emails it doesn't like.  As noted
in previous CR threads, no doubt flooding innocent third parties
with mysterious challenges in the process.

--
Dan Wilder