[linux-elitists] Bizarre press release of the day

Jon Carnes jonc@nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 21 08:57:21 PST 2003

Ahh, these guys are simply peddling for more stringent code review.
They don't quite understand GPL'ed code, but they're not too far off the
mark.

If an employee from Mega-Software Corp lifted some GPL code and stuffed
it directly into Mega-Software Corps signature software package, then
when it was later discovered, Mega-Software Corp would either have to
dump that code or release all the other code.

Moral: Mega-Software Corp should stick to lifting BSD-licensed code.

Jon Carnes