[linux-elitists] SCO to drown in legal fees say Gartner

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu Nov 20 09:51:59 PST 2003

(via LWN)

http://www3.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?doc_cd=118545
> The latest share issue will dilute shareholders' investments about
> 3.5 percent. It comes on top of a previously announced arrangement
> giving Boies, Schiller & Flexner a 20-percent share in SCO if the
> company were sold. SCO also received an investment of $50 million
> from BayStar Capital in return for 17.5 percent of outstanding
> shares. We believe that these moves compromise SCO's mission as a
> software company. Increasingly, the legal and financial aspects of
> the intellectual property infringement cases will absorb the
> company's attention, and a law firm will be in an increasingly
> powerful position to set the overall agenda for its compensation.
> Therefore, SCO will likely pursue claims against Linux users
> quickly.

	So when Microsoft shills from gartner are starting to question
SCO's little pogrom, surely that means SOMETHING.

	-- Lewis Mumford

end