URL (was: Re: [linux-elitists] Confirmed: SCO teleconference Tues Nov 18 12:30 MST)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 18 13:19:44 PST 2003

on Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:29:40AM -0800, Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org) wrote:
> Well, I'm looking at...
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031118/latu082_1.html
>
> I would have rewritten it a little more directly, like this:
>
> "We're going to take a charge of $8,956,000 in connection with our
> financing deal.  We're also going to take a charge of $8,741,000 to
> pay our lawyers.  Because our Unix business is still circling the
> drain and we've only been able to get Microsoft and Sun as licensees
> for the SCOSource thing, we still only expect total revenue of $22-25
> million for the quarter ended October 31, 2003.  So we're going to
> report a big loss."
>
> Unless there's something I'm not getting here.  I guess that's why I
> don't get offered jobs writing press releases.

Groklaw did really good analysis showing that McBride's pay package is
highly contingent on showing a certain multiple quarter increasing
revenue record.  Which he's aiming to miss, if I read this right.

And we know he's not in it for the principle.

Peace.

    You don't look so good.  You don't smell so good, either.
    - Princess Bride