URL (was: Re: [linux-elitists] Confirmed: SCO teleconference Tues Nov 18 12:30 MST)

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Tue Nov 18 09:31:36 PST 2003

> Unless there's something I'm not getting here.
> I guess that's why I don't get offered jobs writing
> press releases.

I think you got it pretty well; the real purpose of the call was to
disclose the fact that the quarterly results will suck big-time and to try
to hype the stock anyway.

If they do file the new suits they threaten "within 90 days," I predict
they go after an HP customer.

The thing I'm most curious about is the repeated references to the BSDi
settlement.  Is this just more swamp gas, or might they really think they
have found something useful there?

jon