[linux-elitists] Mutt install 101

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Wed Nov 12 00:28:25 PST 2003

begin  Karsten M. Self  quotation:
> mutt has a pine keybindings compatibility mode via an approrpriate
> muttrc, included in Debian as /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/Pine.rc

	That was the basis for the self-contained script listed as a
URL earlier in this thread.  I spent a lot of time answering
complaints from long-time PINE users.

	For reference, my system-wide /etc/Muttrc is:

http://zork.net/~nick/Muttrc

	Though lots of that gets overridden by the binding settings.

> >  - if I'm not confused, what config changes do I make to sendmail
> >  to get the mail delivered to directories instead of mboxes? Is it
> >  better just to do some procmail hacking here?
>
> Procmail or Maildrop (which uses a more Perlish syntax --
> inexplicably, its proponents claim this enhances readability).

	But honestly, the 1990s called: they want their software back.
PINE with Sendmail!  Next let's talk about our upload/download ratios
on the BBSes we used to call!  I've got boxplans!

	-- Lewis Mumford

end