[linux-elitists] Mutt install 101

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 11 20:07:59 PST 2003

On 12-Nov-2003, Michael Still wrote:
> [mutt does maildir]

Assuming that you've read the other replies that (a) point out Maildir
isn't the only option, but (b) recommend it:

> - can you recommend an IMAP server which will transparently deal with
> maildirs?

I've had no problems with the IMAP server from Courier (a modular MTA
whose parts are all separate standalone servers).

    <http://www.courier-mta.org/>

It's worked seamlessly ever since I did 'apt-get install courier-imap',
and later 'apt-get install courier-imap-ssl'.

However, in the interest of seeing whether I can improve the speed of
IMAP serving, I plan to investigate Dovecot:

    <http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/>

Both of these support serving IMAP from Maildir folders.

--
 \     "All my life I've had one dream: to achieve my many goals."  -- |
  `\                                             Homer, _The Simpsons_ |