[linux-elitists] What's wrong with PDF

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 11 19:46:10 PST 2003

Quoting Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com):

> I give up trying to have a sensible conversation with you. Clearly, we
> cannot agree on whether PDF ever has a place in the world apart from what
> you call "contrived examples".

Misquotation.  Why am I not surprised?

The areas where PDF is useful are perfectly obvious: any where you wish
to convey a reprintable copy of how something originally printed onto
paper.  As an on-line document-viewing format, it sucks rocks.

Which part of that did you fail to understand the first few times?

--
Cheers,                    I've been suffering death by PowerPoint, recently.
Rick Moen                                                     -- Huw Davies