[linux-elitists] Mutt install 101

Adam Kessel adam@bostoncoop.net
Tue Nov 11 15:49:57 PST 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:45:28AM +1100, Michael Still wrote:
>  - it's my recollection that mutt uses maildir. Am I confused?

mutt supports mbox just as well as maildir. I've been quite happy using
it with mbox, although I understand there are potentially some
performance advantages with maildir. You can also do more clever
rsync-ing between two systems that receive mail with maildir.

But if you are looking to move over to mutt with the least initial
disruption, just keep your mboxes.
--
Adam Kessel
http://bostoncoop.net/adam