[linux-elitists] What's wrong with PDF

Michael Still mikal@stillhq.com
Tue Nov 11 15:48:32 PST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com):
> > Ignoring the specific example in this case, because we seem to have moved
> > on from there, I can't think of a better format for documents which care a
> > lot about representation of the information (for example legal documents).
>
> The above is strategically vague.

No it's not. I specifically cite legal documents as an example.

[snip]

> The logical inference is that you're waving words about vaguely because
> you really have no point but are trying to arrive at a previously
> decided conclusion.

No, I was more meaning legal documents which need to be archived exactly
as presented to the court. In my country, PDF is acceptible for that. In
fact, the courts are currently considering moving to an electronic
document management system.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,