[linux-elitists] Ha ha PINE

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue Nov 11 09:08:02 PST 2003

begin  Michael Still  quotation:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > (Michael, please respect my Mail-Followup-To header.  I'm
> > subscribed to the list.)
>
> No problemo. I don't read the full headers before replying, and it
> would appear my MUA doesn't respect your header.

That's because your MUA is a proprietary pile of crap:

Does it even DO threading yet?

	On my system, /usr/local/bin/pine is a mutt script:

	    http://zork.net/~nick/pine

Coupled with an installation of nano as the default editor, it does a
remarkable job of helping PINE users upgrade to a Free and Open Source
mailer that has actual features that make reading mail worthwhile.
Mutt is like GNUS in that it uses many features originally reserved
for newsreaders to help you read mail.

Also, thanks to Nate Riffe for showing me the mindset that any program
that accepts a config file on the command-line is a candidate for #!
scripting.

	Anyway, good luck on the upgrade path.  If you'd like to see
my system's /etc/Muttrc, that includes some other great features you
may find helps your mutt experience.

	-- Lewis Mumford

end