[linux-elitists] What's wrong with PDF

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 11 03:04:09 PST 2003

Quoting Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com):

> How about another example? How would you then have me deal with the case
> of a document which only exists as scanned pages, starting life in TIFF
> format, but needing to be displayed on the web for people to read / print.

Wow, now _that's_ pretty contrived -- and neatly misses pretty much the
entire point and context of the preceding discussion.  Sure, PDFs about
the best you can do, in that rather sad situation where you're dealing
with a pointillist impression of a document, rather than a document.

Now, are you quite done wasting our time?

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      Linux for Intel:  Party like it's 2037!