[linux-elitists] What's wrong with PDF

Michael Still mikal@stillhq.com
Tue Nov 11 02:55:56 PST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Rick Moen wrote:

> > That, however, is probably due to the fact that if it doesn't render
> > quite right, it renders horribly.
>
> Show me an example that isn't some moron former-DTP person attempting to
> use the Web for what it can't do, or for some utterly insane purpose,
> and we'll talk.

How about another example? How would you then have me deal with the case
of a document which only exists as scanned pages, starting life in TIFF
format, but needing to be displayed on the web for people to read / print.

The current common solution is PDF. What would you offer as an
alternative?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,