[linux-elitists] What's wrong with PDF

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Mon Nov 10 18:25:38 PST 2003

> > I've never seen any browser render the same document the same way in a
> > cross-platform environment.

> If you're of the view that this is always significant, then I submit
> that you're (1) a DTP weenie and (2) mistaken.

Always significant, no.  Significant often enough to be a problem if it
doesn't, yes.  That, however, is probably due to the fact that if it
doesn't render quite right, it renders horribly.  A failure to degrade
nicely, perhaps.  Or perhaps just ultra-stupid webmonkey coding.

Probably a little of both.

Regards,
Andrew