[linux-elitists] (forw) [cAos] FHS 2.3

mike@jurney.org mike@jurney.org
Mon Nov 10 08:02:40 PST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Joey Hess wrote:

> I would never put my subversion or cvs reporisitories or anything else
> of equivilant value in /var, but /home is not quite right either.
> There's no canoical location, surely an attempt to create one is a good
> thing.

I put them in /CVS.

The only system that needs access to them is the cvs server itself, so
it shouldn't be under any other toplevel fs.  It's entirely unambiguous,
and should I need to move them to a new physical drive or machine, there
aren't any disentanglement issues to deal with.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org