[linux-elitists] What's wrong with PDF

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Nov 9 21:36:42 PST 2003

Quoting Jason Spence (jspence@lightconsulting.com):

>  - Some people think the content creation tools are better for PDF as
>    opposed to HTML.

Typically these are DTP cretins who can't stand the thought of some
user, somewhere, failing to enjoy his exact choice of typeface and
graphics placement.  The world would be a better place of they were to
die of some painful and embarrassing disease.

>  - There's a whole group of people like lawyers and other
>    professionals who link a piece of paper with some mental construct
>    it's supposed to represent.

Ditto.

(This is not to deny the utility of PDF for forms, etc.)

--
Cheers,    "Cthulhu loves me, this I know; because the High Priests tell me so!
Rick Moen   He won't eat me, no, not yet.  He's my Elder God, dank and wet!"