[linux-elitists] (forw) [cAos] FHS 2.3

Sun Nov 9 19:21:38 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 07:13:07PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Jason Spence (jspence@lightconsulting.com):
>
> > On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 04:37:21PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> > > /srv?  /media?  WTF?
> >
> > I've wondered about this kind of thing in the past.
>
> I'm _almost_ curious enough to deal with  PDF hassles, but not quite.
> Maybe later.

What's your beef with PDF?  My experience has been that getting the
official Acrobat working isn't that difficult:

http://lightconsulting.com/~thalakan/acroread-notes.html

If religious reasons, Fanatic Adobe Hatred, or whatever prevent you
from using the official package from Adobe, there's always the
ghostscript wrappers like xpdf, pdftotext and friends.

--
 - Jason       Last known location:  11.0 miles northeast of MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA

Jenkinson's Law:
	It won't work.