[linux-elitists] teleconference

Don Marti dmarti@ssc.com
Fri May 30 16:17:25 PDT 2003

begin Jonathan Corbet quotation of Fri, May 30, 2003 at 11:39:11AM -0600:

> They'll show their evidence next week to people who sign NDAs.  I'd kind of
> like to see it, but, if I do so, am I forever tainted and unable to
> contribute to the kernel?  Or write driver books, for that matter?  Hmm...
> I fear it may be lawyer time.

I told them I'd have to read the NDA first.  If the NDA iterferes
with other activities, I won't be able to sign it; if it just
says I can't release copies of Unix source ever, and can't cite
allegedly infringed Linux code by file name and line number until
after a certain date, or until after it becomes public, then I can
see signing it.  The NDA has to leave some room for the signer to
express his or her professional opinion.

--
Don Marti                       Plain text email only, please.
Editor in Chief                 dmarti@linuxjournal.com