[linux-elitists] teleconference

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Fri May 30 10:39:11 PDT 2003

Not a whole lot of news from the conference - same old stuff.  Darl McBride
says he will show us "100's of lines" of code - eventually.  Meanwhile,
while they are adamant that they own the Unix copyrights, their statements
that the IBM case does not depend on copyrights in any way seems a bit like
protesting too much...

They'll show their evidence next week to people who sign NDAs.  I'd kind of
like to see it, but, if I do so, am I forever tainted and unable to
contribute to the kernel?  Or write driver books, for that matter?  Hmm...
I fear it may be lawyer time.

jon