SCO SCO (was Re: [linux-elitists] Next target: Linus)

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu May 29 19:49:05 PDT 2003

begin Aaron Lehmann quotation of Thu, May 29, 2003 at 07:25:25PM -0700:
> BTW... http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/012002.html and
> http://www.securiteam.com/exploits/5TP01156KS.html
>
> I guess it would be a shame if sco.com got defaced.

Now boys, play nice.  "I hope this doesn't incite anybody to (launch
a denial-of-service attack against) the SCO Web site or something
silly like that" -- Linus Torvalds
http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-1011263.html

The "SCO to sue Torvalds" thing was apparently either a misquote
or a stray prion in McBride's brain.

The bribe to journalists to attend SCOForum in Las Vegas is now
rumored to include at least one other product or service of value,
in addition to what I have mentioned here before (not a sex industry
product or service).

Blake Stowell, SCO PR person, tells me that they're going to pull
/scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html off their web site in
response to the Linuxtag letter, but that they'll still send it.
So there is something to the Linuxtag thing.  The deadline for SCO
to respond to the Linuxtag letter is tomorrow, and the Linuxtag
people are being quiet about it.

Quote of the day:

"Obviously Linux owes its heritage to UNIX, but not its code.
We would not, nor will not, make such a claim."

-- Darl McBride, CEO, The SCO Group, August 2002

Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti@zgp.org
KG6INA