[linux-elitists] Info on SCO Lawsuit

Don Marti dmarti@ssc.com
Thu May 29 15:36:02 PDT 2003

begin  Rick Moen quotation of Thu, May 29, 2003 at 03:29:05PM -0700:

> In general, it would be nice to know what legal significance if any
> attaches to public statements by corporate flacks that are neither
> oath-attested to a court of law nor part of a regulatory filing (e.g.,
> to the SEC).

The Supreme Court apparently thinks that would be nice to know, too.
http://foi.missouri.edu/firstamendment/ifnikelied.html

Other countries, of course, may already have anti-FUD laws.
I'm still trying to understand the law in .de that LinuxTag is using.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti