[linux-elitists] Info on SCO Lawsuit

Mikael Pawlo mikael@pawlo.com
Thu May 29 12:01:47 PDT 2003

At 18.33 -0600 03-05-28, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
>> Can this possibly become any more comic-opera?
>You know, it *is* a comic opera, and it's screwing up my work.  It's hard
>to get anything done when you're laughing too hard to operate your
>keyboard.
(---)

I can actually think of a few things more amusing than trying to give
advise to clients worried about the fuss provided by SCO.

I don't know how enterprises react to this mess in the U.S. but over here
people are worried. With 'people' I mean the ones certifying the bills for
payment at larger companies. I guess that is also part of the SCO tactics.
IBM will have to enter into a conciliation (settlement) for commercial
reasons, should they not be able to throw this out of court with a
preliminary injunction or something similar pretty soon.

Do you know if FSF or someone else is tracking this on a day-to-day blog-basis?

If not, we should convince someone to do it, maybe even in collaboration
with IBM. It would be great to be able to furnish worried Swedes and others
with an URL with all the necessary updates and information on the SCO
ongoings in this matter. Then even I would be able to smile at this mess!
.-)

Best Regards,

Mikael Pawlo

  ICQ:35638414                              mailto:mikael@pawlo.com