[linux-elitists] Info on SCO Lawsuit

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu May 29 11:22:33 PDT 2003

<quote who="Karsten M. Self">

> It would seem SCO admits here to licensing Novell's technology for SCO's
> Unix products, and actually realizes little revenue from Unix licensing as
> it is -- save the 5% "administration fee".

The passage doesn't make the reality entirely clear - thi arrangement
applies only to existing Novell licensors when the deal was struck. SCO
just administers those payments (Novell wanted to continue making money on
these licenses). New licensors pay full $$$ to SCO, and according to their
Asia Pacific managing director, Kieran O'Shaughnessy, they're making a good
sum on those.

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

      "I'm offering you my body, and you're offering me semantics." -
                              Caitlin, Clerks