[linux-elitists] Info on SCO Lawsuit

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu May 29 08:11:37 PDT 2003

begin Rick Moen quotation of Wed, May 28, 2003 at 02:56:49PM -0700:

> Can this possibly become any more comic-opera?

SCO is offering journaliasts a free hotel stay in Las Vegas.
I have never been offered this before, by any vendor.  Maybe they
prepaid for a block of rooms and don't have enough interested VARs
to fill them.

Here's an item from their "your registration was successful" page:

  SCO will cover the cost of your hotel stay during the conference.
  After you complete this form, we will call you directly to collect
  credit card information. This card will be used to reserve your
  room and to cover any of your room incidentals.

Do you want a trip to Las Vegas?  Does your second favorite magazine
need a technology reporter?

https://vrs.verite.com/sco/index.cfm?action=register&event_id=107&lcode=enu

--
Don Marti