[linux-elitists] Info on SCO Lawsuit

Larry M. Augustin lma@lmaugustin.com
Thu May 29 06:12:37 PDT 2003

>Jonathan Corbet on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 5:34 PM wrote:
>What might we all be missing here?  What's going on that we're not seeing?
>Don's "third-hand information" explanation could well prove sufficient,
>I've not seen a better one.  But all this still makes me nervous.

What's the downside for SCO?  Nothing.  They have nothing to lose.  What are
people going to do, stop buying their products?  People were already doing
that before the lawsuit.

The most dangerous opponent in any endeavor, business included, is one who
has nothing to lose.  Their actions are not rational because they have
nothing to lose.  OTOH, the potential upside is huge.

Larry